Saturday, November 22, 2008

TOUCHDOWNNNNNNNNNN!!!!

Holy Stress. Yesterday my school's football team went to state playoffs and boy, was it a close game!!!! I was not able to physically be at the game but I was there in spirit. (I watched it on TV) The plan was to do homework on the couch while occasionally noticing the TV just to check the score. Well that didn't happen... at all! As soon as I turned it on I was hooked. In order for you to feel the intensity I felt, I feel you must know a little about my school's undefeated team. The quarterback, Morgan Walkie, is probably one of the most concentrated quarterbacks I have ever seen. Does that make sense? He is so determined and thoughtful about every play and every action he takes. I wish I was that motivated! Now where football is concerned, I am stupid and so I don't know the positions of everyone but I will try my best and guess about the rest. So there's one guy named Gene Tail who was on fire yesterday! He was mentioned constantly by the commentators. He was also the player of the game according to the TV channel I was watching. There are twins, Mason and Taylor who are phenomenal, and also one kid who was in one of my classes last year who was so polite-- he is THE definition of a gentleman. His name is Jonah. Am I forgetting anyone? Oh yah! Cal, Eric, and this kid who goes by only one letter: Z. (I would tell you what it stands for but it's Polynesian and therefor I would slaughter the spelling.) Well so my sister Rose is friends with them, therefor I feel that I am friends, ok I am acquaintances with them at least. (Some more acquaintance-ish than others.) So, here's the thing. It was so hard to see them get tackled because I know them. I have met them, we have been in the same room together before. It was painful to watch. So in all my years at this high school, we have never lost a game (as mentioned above) or really even come close. Last week at semi's was the closest I have experienced but I didn't personally experience it because I didn't go or watch it. Well, during the second quarter the team who we were playing, Linentree, scored not once but twice. So yes we were tied. I was stunned. This doesn't happen to my school! Halftime was a sad time. I just felt all the energy rush out from me and it didn't help that the commentators were making all sorts of comments about how Linentree could 'very well win this.' No need to show a bias! Well third quarter FINALLY came and Linentree scored again. They were ahead. They were winning. Weirdest feeling ever! So I forget all the details, but during a punt by Linentree, Z blocks it and we get the ball and somehow we score. Blessed day!!!!! The energy rushed back into my soul and for thirty minutes, I was dancing in the TV room. So I am a little fuzzy on the exact details but someway or another we scored again... but we missed the kick. So we were up 34-28. It was scary though because the game was almost finished and if Linentree made a touchdown and made the kick (which is normally just a given) we would not be tied. They would be ONE point ahead. Winning by one point, when you are on the loser's side sucks. Yes, it does stink and makes you very nervous and rather fidgety as in my case. Somehow the clock ran out and we were victorious!!! Ladies and gentlemen, my team, my acquaintances were happy winners. That's a very fulfilling feeling. After my victory dance around the house, I watched my favorite TV shows in glee. And if you ask me? That was a very serendipityious night.

No comments: